Monday, July 15, 2013

Mare e Storia



(Sea and history) The sun was shining. No clouds in sight. It was 81 degrees with a light breeze. It was perfect weather to head to the beach and get a little color, and for the first time this summer I had the time. My back got plenty of color and now I can focus on my front. Zia made lunch so I didn’t have to cook. All I had on the docket was cleaning windows and screens.


Lemon Bar - fresh squeezed
citrus juice mixed with alcohol
Following a much needed shower after nearly 48 hours (how native Italian of me), Mom, Zia and I headed 5 km north to Termoli and the centro storico (historic city center). Tonight, we window shopped, took a passiagiatta (evening walk) through the ancient castle town built by King Federico II, and stopped by the best gelateria I’ve ever been to for a sweet nightcap.