Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Feet in the sand

 It's beginning to really feel like summer here. The past two days, I've made it to the beach for about 5 hours each day, going for a couple of hours in the morning, coming home to have lunch, then heading back for a few hours in the afternoon.

I've kind of fallen right back into a healthy routine here in Campomarino. Soon after waking up and hanging any clothes to dry that I washed overnight, I go for long walk, usually over three miles depending on the route or what time I leave. When I get back, I have a small breakfast, then walk to the beach. Swim, tan, and read on the beach for a couple of hours, come home to eat a healthy lunch, then back to the beach for some more swimming, tanning, and reading. Walk back to the house, write a little, eat a smallish dinner, and get a good nights sleep. 

Tomorrow, I'm catching an early morning train to Zia's house in the city. She hasn't been to the beach town yet this year, so it'll be the first time I'm seeing her since last summer. I'm bringing lunch from our favorite place in town, Ristorante Netti.