Monday, July 31, 2023

Foodtopia Moments

 Potatoes. The word itself doesn't illicit any excitement. However, I think they may be one of the most universal veggies, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like some form of potato. I also don't know if it's the soil, or the type of potato, but the ones I get from the farmers here are just better than what I use stateside, and I'm particular about what kinds of potatoes I buy. Saturday night, I washed and sliced about 15 of these smaller potatoes, rich in a golden color, then tossed them with cipolle (onions), aglio (garlic), sale (salt), freshly grated Parmagiano Reggiano, and olio d'olivo (olive oil). I baked them covered for 45 minutes, then uncovered for another half hour. Deliciousness. Some got a little char, but a tasty flavorful char. The onions, cut teeny tiny, seemed to liquify or become so transparent that you really cant even see them. So flavorful, easy to make, and delicious.