Monday, July 31, 2023

Party and the beach

 The past couple of days have been beautiful out. There has been lots of sunshine, very few clouds, temperatures in the upper 80s to low 90s, and a gentle breeze that feels refreshing in the shade. The humidity has still been pretty high, but the slight breeze has helped with that as well. 

Zia's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but we celebrated her yesterday with a little party after she arrived in Campomarino. My cousin's, her grandaughters, Valeria and Greta and their boyfriends Adi and Danilo came with her and were here for the party. We picked up a bunch of food from Ristorante Netti and a delicious cake from Shangri La pasticceria. Shangri La is the only place in the Lido (beach) part of Campomarino for cakes and pastries, and we are blessed that they are so amazing at making cakes and pastries, as well as some of the best gelato in town. 

After the birthday dinner, I took a rest, read a big chunk of book number three for the summer, and then walked down to the beach. It was pretty late when I got there, so I didn't even wear a bathing suit. Just wanted to hang out on a chaise lounger and catch a few rays. This morning I went in my swimsuit and got a nice dip in before grabbing a couple of hours of sun. I reached my peak darkness a couple of weeks ago, so now it's just maintaining a tan. 

On my walk this morning, I came across the sign and flag that shows the town's designation as Bandiera Blue. It's a prideful thing, but the town for many years now has been designated by the government as a beach worth the designation. Not all towns get it, and I remember several years ago when they didn't get the designation, people were pretty bummed.