Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Celebration

The past couple of days have been filled with plenty of sunshine, and a lot of activity. On Monday, a close family friend Antonio and his wife Anna and their daughter Doris came by for some pizza, and a nice passiagiatta (evening walk). It was a great night for a walk, as Campomarino was busy, to the delight of Doris, and the weather was perfect in the mid 70s with a slight breeze and no humidity.

For my birthday, we spent part of the day on the beach, part of the day in the kitchen, and part of the day in Termoli’s antique section where Mom, Zia, Erik and I had dinner sotto le stele (under the stars) in the paizzetta (little square). It was a fantastic seafood meal at Ristorante Federico II, and the town was buzzing. We finished the night with a gelato that we had to wait in line 15 minutes to get. It was totally worth it.


As we are winding down our time here, preparations are being made for our departure. I’ve begun taking a stock of the items that I have plenty of and won’t need to bring (like deodorant), and I’ve devised a way to make the place more secure after this past winter’s break in. Very soon, I’ll have to pack my bags and clear the patio. I’ll also need to do some last minute gardening which will include harvesting our one bunch of grapes from the vine that are ready.