Monday, August 3, 2015

Foodtopia Moments

Pasta with sausage
and mushrooms
Veal Scallopine
We’ve eaten four big meals in the last couple of days, each one delicious. In Campomarino on Saturday, I had a pasta dish with mushrooms and sausage in a cream sauce, followed by veal scaloppini. That night at Netti, I had a pizza cipollata. Yesterday in Termoli, we ate at Anima e Core. Several family and friends have mentioned the place to me, so I was eager to try it. They weren’t wrong. I had tubetoni pasta with zucchini and cozze (mussels). Last night, at Trattoria da Nonna Rosa in Campomarino, I had orechiette with agnello (lamb), followed by a plate of lamb. For a starter, they brought us a chef created riso dish with veggies and creamy ricotta. To top it off, Mom and I split a crema catalana dessert. Similar to crem brulee, the custard is also warmed a bit with a torch so as you spoon it up, you get different textures of cream on your spoon.
Tubitoni with zucchini and mussels
Riso with veggies and Ricotta




Orrechiette with lamb

lamb

Crema Catalana