Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Not a great day for the beach

We made a vow the other day to get on the Italian schedule. We would head to the beach early, come back to eat, then head back to the beach. Somehow, we can’t seem to get on the schedule. Something I’ll rarely say in the summer here in Lido di Campomarino is that it is not a good day for the beach. Starting yesterday afternoon, it has not been a good day for the beach. The weather turned cloudy and rainy, and little break in the clouds is expected before 2 p.m. tomorrow.


Zia and I went for a little trip today to the township office and to the water company. The hours at the water company are definitely not conducive to making money. They are open from 9-12:30 Monday to Friday, no afternoons. We also went to the fruit and veggie markets and to the macelleria (butcher). There, I asked for costine di maiale (pork spare ribs), and watched as the guy carved my ribs off of a slab of meat. I’m looking forward to cooking those tomorrow. They’ll be the freshest ribs I’ve ever cooked. Tonight, as long as the rain holds off, it looks like we’ll be heading into Termoli.