Friday, August 21, 2015

Goodbye Adriatic

The last day al mare (at the beach) is always a bittersweet one. It usually sounds the end of summer, and means a lot of work has to be done at the condo. Mom, Erik and I have had a pretty fun couple of weeks, and today was no different. We packed a lot into the day.

The morning was spent at the traveling Friday flea market. Then we headed to the beach for our last dip in the Adriatic Sea for 2015. It was windy and the water was rough (for Italians), but we got in a nice dip. We went home for lunch and packing, then went back to the beach and played volleyball with the locals. It was a lot of fun, and if you ever want to see me move slower than normal, watch me try to run in sand.

Mom, Erik and I decided to make our last meal in town at Ristorante Netti. We all had pizza, and finished up with their fatto in casa (made in house) tiramisu, which rivals any I’ve ever had. After dropping of my mother, we did some more house cleaning and closing prep, and then Erik and I went out to see the fireworks along the lungomare. Several beach clubs were having a festival of the lidi (beaches).


Tomorrow we have an early wake up, and then a drive to Florence for two nights.