Friday, August 21, 2015

Foodtopia Moments

As usually, it’s been a culinary couple of days. Last night in Termoli, Erik and I had our last mean at Anima e Core, followed by some gelato at Yo-Go, the best gelateria I’ve ever been to. My pizza at Anima had a ragu, which is a gravy cooked with meat. It also had salsiccia piccante (hot sausage) and melanzane (eggplant). The combination was delicious, and I’m convinced that pizza is better when made with meat sauce. The gelato was once again divine, a combination of smooth texture, solid sustained taste, and chunks of quality ingredients made my cone one to remember. The new thing is to have them line the inside of the cone with either milk or dark chocolate, then fill it with delicious gelato. I had pistachiosa (pistachio with pistachio mutter and chopped nuts running through it), stratciatella (a white cream with hard chocolate running all through it), and Kinder (a flavor of vanilla with different types of chocolate and hazelnut mixed in).

For lunch today, we made uove (eggs) alla fridge. Essentially, I added all the veggies we had to a pan, and added eggs. Zucchini, eggplant, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and garlic came together just right with the eggs.


Tonight at Netti, we finished our meal with the house made tiramisu. I had to preorder three servings this afternoon, and when you taste it, you understand why a preorder is needed. They were going fast, but the manager assured me ours were put aside. It was creamy and delicious.