Friday, August 14, 2015

Tremiti by jet

Due to an internet outage, or should I say an oversight on my part as to when my “month” of internet would stop working, it has been a couple of days since I posted.

My friend Erik and I decided to head to Isole Tremiti, a set of Italian islands in the middle of the Adriatic Sea, on Thursday. We got up early, found parking near the port and got in line for the tickets just like the lady at the travel agency told me to. Before we moved up three people, the boat was sold out and the next one was for reservations only. So We reversed course, and bought tickets for Friday instead. Our boat was the Tremiti Jet and it took less than an hour.

Tremiti, as some people who’ve read my blogs before know, is a set of beautiful islands with an ancient castle and church to explore, and a beautiful, postage stamp sized beach to enjoy. The water is clear blue and you can see the fish swimming right around you. We took a boat tour of the islands’ grottas, and then explored on foot before returning to the beach umbrella we rented for the day though hardly used.


For people who are looking for a destination that is beautiful, and devoid of foreign tourists, seek out the Tremiti Islands. They are beautiful. But also brush up on your Italian, as Rome and the other big cities are hours away from this paradise.