Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Foodtopia Moments

Wanting to avoid having too many carb-loaded meals, I’ve only had foccaccia pizza for breakfast once since I arrived. This was an everyday occurrence in previous years. The past couple of days, I actually ate a can of tonno con pisselle (tuna with peas) for breakfast. It comes in a tomato and oil based sauce, and I really love the taste. In the US, I’ve seen this Rio Mare brand, but only Mexican style with mais e fagiole (corn and beans). The peas version is the best I’ve tried.

Tonight for dinner Mom, Zia and I headed back to Ristorante Netti for the first time in a week. I had a beautiful plate of cozze al vino bianco (mussels in white wine sauce), Zia had some fresh soglia all'acqua pazza (sole in crazy water), and Mom had a pizza capriciossa with caperi (capers), prosciutto cotto (cooked ham), caraciofini (artichokes), olive neri (black olives), and funghi (mushrooms). Mom had a pizza like this last year at a hotel in Rome and loved it. Tonight was the first time she had it at Netti’s.


Before we went to Netti’s tonight, I called ahead and inquired about tiramisu. It is the best I’ve ever tasted. They didn’t have any ready, but said if we would like it they could make some. So I preordered two portions. They did not disappoint. Ristorante Netti still has the best Tiramisu I’ve ever eaten.