Friday, July 15, 2016

Wet and chilly

While at the Jersey Shore, a wet and windy day provides the opportunity for some indoor fun like heading to the movies. Here in Campomarino, it’s more like time to read, rest and write. It’s also time to cook.

I headed out this morning under some dark cloud cover to get some supplies for tomorrow. It’s Zia’s compleano (birthday) tomorrow and I’m making a Sunday gravy a day early for the occasion. I got all the way back and realized that I didn’t get the clothespins that I wanted from the Friday flea market. So I trudged back out in increasing wind and darker skies to get the clothespins. On the plus side, we now have a whole drying rack of nice, high-quality clothespins. On the downside, it started raining before I got all the way back so I got a nature shower this morning. I had an umbrella, but it kept blowing open so it provided me little relief. It has been cold and rainy ever since.


With all of the rain, I was able to finish a book, “The Widow Spy,” and prep the tomatoes for tomorrow. Here’s hoping tomorrow is just spotty showers.