Saturday, July 30, 2016

Working on my tan

The past couple of days we’ve really lived like the Italian locals. Erik and I get up early, head into town on a walk and pick up fresh produce and bread, then back to the house to change. After a few minutes at home, we head to the beach for a couple of hours. Unlike the Italians who head home at noon to a song about eating cibo (food) in Puglia (even though the beach club is in Molise), we stay at the nearly deserted club until about 1:30. Walking home at this time is like the scene in “28 Days Later” when the guy wakes up in London and no soul is around. The roads are totally deserted.


I’ve been really working on my tan this summer, and I feel like I’m just going to be maintaining from now on. My peak darkness has been reached. So that means more time in the water instead of on the chaise. The water has been as calm as a pool the past couple of days. Hoping that continues in the morning.