Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Adriatic Sea

I finally made it to the beach today. It was hot and sunny, so I waited until the locals went back at 4 o’clock. I currently have my aunt making people visit my house to discuss me getting car insurance. As I write this there is a guy sitting at my table telling my aunt that I can put a stop on my insurance. She is dying for me to take her places. If I get this car on the road, my vacation will be over so I have to keep stalling. Bad thing is I need a car for one day.

The Circus Wigliams (pronounced in Italian like Williams in English) has rolled into town this morning. They have started setting up their stuff, and looking at it with Water for Elephants in mind it seems similar. Just replace the trains with cars.

The beach was pretty inhabited for an afternoon in the middle of the week. Much like New Jersey, the weekends are the busy time for beaches here. It is pretty dead around here during the week. I was surprised by the amount of people, especially at the pay beaches. These Italians are notoriously cheap, so when the free beach was empty and the pay beaches were full I was surprised. I guess the comfort of having an umbrella, chaise, and bathrooms won out against their cheapness.