Thursday, July 28, 2011

Busy Day


Wow was today a busy one. I went to bed last night thinking fully that I would head to the beach today. That plan was thwarted by clouds and rain. I did walk downtown this morning to a bakery near the train station about a mile and a half away. I made lunch and waited to leave to head to Termoli.

Today I picked up the car that I rented to go pick up Aggie. After picking up the rental car, I took my aunt to the township offices for something with taxes, went shopping at Lidl, went to pick up paint and supplies, went to a supermarket near Termoli named La Fontana only for their superb sausage, and then drove to Carrefour. For those who remember, Carrefour used to be in America. There was one in Berlin, NJ, and another near Franklin Mills Mall. They closed their American stores due to disagreements over unions.

Tomorrow I will be leaving bright and early for Rome to pick up Aggie. I think it might be raining as we are currently near an electrical storm just off the coast. I can see lots of lightning. I knew she was coming so I washed the sheets. Problem is, with no dryer and it raining outside, I had to dry them in the great room in front of a fan.

I finally received the post card I sent from Rome. Before I left the hotel on July 7, I sent a postcard to my house in New Jersey and one to my house in Italy. I am not sure if the American one arrived yet, but the Italian one got here yesterday, just a day less than three weeks after I sent it. Three weeks to get from Rome to Campomarino. The damn donkeys cross the mountains too slow.