Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quick Observation



As a teen and into my 20s, I worked in the restaurant business using my hands and working a lot of hot and laborious hours. What I learned today is that not only am I no longer in my 20s, but my college degrees have led to careers that are not quite as “hard” on me nor have they prepared me for a labor intensive job. I cleaned the cement part of the fence last night and today using gloves, a scrub brush, and a bucket of hot water and Comet cleanser. In the process of cleaning, I developed a blister on my hand, received several scrapes and cuts on my arms, wore my knuckles down raw by periodically scraping them along cement, and broke a thumb nail in a weird way that was incredibly painful. So, as of this day, I concede that I am not a hard laborer any more. Here are before and after photos of the wall I cleaned. As I was cleaning, I had a hard time telling if I was successful. But looking at it now, I can truly tell that it is much cleaner.