Monday, July 18, 2011

A Day of “Rest”


What a night Sunday was. I was supposed to have the night free to make phone calls, write, and surf the web. However, then I got word that some of the family was not leaving after lunch, but at night. So I was planning to bid a bon voyage, when a call came in that another cousin was coming with his wife and one of his daughters. They all know each other so not a big deal. Once everyone was at my house, I got a call from yet another cousin that they were on their way. At that point, people were here until 10:30 at night and my free time was gone. I figured that today I would get free time, which I did, although I spent about three hours today walking. My feet are killing me. I also made a new friend today. This afternoon, at little kitten, no more than a week old, wandered onto my property. He eventually settled and watched me work on cleaning the cement that I am having painted at season’s end. The cat was a cute little thing, not scared of me, which I found weird. I put a can of tuna fish with peas near the dumpsters tonight. Hopefully he finds it. I did see his mother looking for him tonight and another kitten. I have not see my little visitor in since I washed the cement wall.