Thursday, July 14, 2011

First Night of the Competing Circuses




I walked to the beach today and I passed the Circus Wigliams. Wow, what a change. They have their big top up and ready for tonight’s show. This is the first of five competitive nights for the two circus groups who have set up in town not far from each other, really at two ends of the same field. As I walked back home, I saw a decent angle and took a photo where you can see just how close the circuses are to each other. Wigliams is closer on the right hand side of the photo, while Rivels’ navy blue big top is farther back toward the left of the photo. It is harder to see the Rivels’ big top, and with the sun beating down the way it is lately, I can only imagine how stinking hot it is for the performers during practice. Circus Wigliams has one thing that Circo Rivels does not, a Lamborghini. Who knew that Lamborghini even made industrial equipment still?