Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wet Weather




I visited Weather.com yesterday and saw that today we had a possibility of rain tonight into tomorrow. I mentioned this to my aunt at about 11:30 this morning, in the midst of another bright sunny day, and she told me that the internet is wrong. She hasn’t heard about any rain.

My neighbor’s son stopped by today which was nice since I hadn’t seen him since 2009. He has a second child which was also nice to see. The first child was just a baby and loved Aggie. Next Sunday, they will be back and I am sure the new son will like Aggie too.

My cousin Mario stopped by yesterday night and today. He was with us only a little while, mainly for lunch. Here is a photo. Hard to believe his grandmother is my dad’s sister. We look nothing alike.

Fast forward to 5:00, and my weather prediction that was wrong came true. The clouds rolled in fast with a lot of wind and some thunder. When it had died down, we were left with a lake in the parking lot that was higher than the curb, and it was beginning to come up my street. And it is still coming down. For a while it was gushing, as can be seen from the spout that starts on the roof.

I did some gardening earlier and the plants and ground terribly needed rain. So this weather is a blessing.