Sunday, August 3, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 39 – What a Haul

Almost 40 days into my summer and I’m starting to feel like Noah. Today was rainy and cloudy all morning, but ended up getting sunny around 6 p.m. I did manage to get to the farmer’s market and bakery this morning. I had an amazing haul of veggies for only 12 Euros. I carried about 12 kilos worth of veggies for the miles or so walk from the center of town back to my house. The longest part of my morning, and my day, was waiting for the bread this morning. When I got to the bakery, I knew is had to be busy with the 12 people milling about out front. When I walked in to get my ticket, I was number 93 and they were working on number 78. Thankfully they use the deli tickets when busy, or a battle might erupt over who is going to get their pane (bread) primo (first).


This evening, we had a visit from my cousin Vincenzo and his wife Mariella, and daughters Erica and Mela. It was nice catching up with them, and Mom was excited to see them.