Thursday, August 7, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 43 – Sand and Castle

I made it a point today to keep my only Samsung Galaxy Young on me at all times as a pedometer today. Throughout the day, I managed to get in more than 17,000 steps. And it was very easy to do. After a walk downtown this morning, Mom and I went to Lido Ritz for some time in the sun. My stomach is officially burned, as are my lower legs, oddly. Italian Solarcaine is not as powerful as the stateside stuff.

Today was very windy, and the water was too rough to enjoy, so we just sat out by our umbrella and watched the people doing yoga and dancing at the water’s edge. Hopefully tomorrow will be less windy and offer us a chance to go swimming.


After the beach, we headed into Termoli. We walked around town a bit before heading into the castle town of Federico II. We then had dinner under the stars in a piazza new the Duomo of Termoli at Ristorante Federico II. They specialize in pesce (fish), and never disappoint with their freshness and flavor. The we grabbed a gelato before heading back. Termoli was alive with people tonight as the Festa di San Basso is winding down. There is even a carnival in the town’s port.