Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A Morning of Business

Having a car at my disposal is much more comfortable than just using trains and my feet. Yesterday, I rented a car so that I can handle some business at city hall, my Italian bank, and at the water service office. Wow, business runs at a snail’s pace, and they are constantly adding unnecessary middle men. If you want to pay a bill, you can’t pay in the office. If you want to change address, that’s a different office. Just to deposit some money into my account to the guy, and this is no exaggeration, 45 minutes. I was dumbfounded. It took more than four hours to complete all of the work we need to complete, but we did it. The places we went were all within a ten minute walk if you did a circle. No travel was involved except the drive up to the center of the main part of town.

Being done at 1 in the afternoon, Zia and I picked up some food from Ristorante Netti and ate together on my patio. There was a light breeze and the sky was blue and clear. This gave me time for an afternoon at the beach. I was able to catch up on videos on Youtube, and take a few dips in the Adriatic Sea.


Tonight, I decided to use the car and head into Termoli. I had dinner at Eattico, the paninoteca (sandwich shop). I’ve been raving to people how good it is, but they all think the price is too high. Luckily, the place has lots of customers.Then I watched a beautiful sunset, before heading back. Sadly, the car has to go back tomorrow morning. Then it’s feet and trains (sometimes buses) the rest of the time here.