Monday, July 9, 2018

The Tired Traveler

 
What a day of travel it was. After 20 hours of cars, airport layovers, and flights, I have finally arrived in Rome. The Hello Sky Hotel in Rome Airport is brand new and perfect for a single traveler. They do have bigger rooms as well in case couples are traveling.
   Following a three hour nap, I set off into Rome today. In just a quick few hour trip, I managed to see il Coloseo (Coliseum),il  Foro Romano (the Roman Forum), the memorial of Vittorio Emmanuelle, il Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain), il Panteon (the Pantheon), and Piazza Navona. At the final stop I managed to sneak in a plate of pasta at Ristorante i Tre Scalini.
   The main purpose of my trip into Rome was to set up my phone and WiFi for the summer, and I managed to do it in the first 30 minutes of my time, without ever leaving the train station. This left plenty of time to walk around and enjoy the live music and various street performers that litter the path through the ancient historic city.