Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Foodtopia Moments

Calamari
Cous Cous
Ristorante Federico II in Termoli is one of my favorite restaurants to visit when I am in Campomarino for the summer. The food is delicious, the service is high end, and the location is unbeatable, situated in a more than 1,000 year old castle town piazza. Last night, Phil and I took Zia there for her birthday. We had a great meal from start to finish. The menu has changed a bit since the last time I was there, but it was still great seafood. Phil had the new fish cous cous which had an avocado cream on top. I had the ciuffi di calamari con rucala e balsamico (calamari tentacles with arugula and balsamic glaze). For our firsts, Zia and I each had the rigatoni with pomodorini (little tomatoes), cipolle rosso (red onions), caperi grande (big capers), and pesce spada (swordfish). There was a lot of fish, so each bite could get each of the flavors. Phil had a plate of chitarra allo scoglio (homemade spaghetti with shellfish in a light tomato sauce). For second plates, Phil and Zia both had the soglia all’aqua pazza (sole in crazy water – a light broth with tomato and capers). I had the soglia al forno con patate (baked sole with potatoes). Without fail, Federico II always provides a great meal.
Rigatoni

Scoglio



Sole in Crazy Water


Baked Sole