Sunday, July 29, 2018

Campomarino Weekend

This has been a great weekend. I’ve written about 30 pages of a script, nearing the end, gotten plenty of time at the beach where I am starting book number two for the summer, and I got to spend quality time with great family and longtime friends.

The weekends are always busier here, just like in America. This weekend was no exception with the two town festivals taking place just days apart during last week (Santa Cristina on July 24 and Sant’Anna on July 26). Extra vendors have lined the streets, and there was an antique fair in Piazza Aldo Moro (which people have started calling Piazzetta Rosso because of all the red trim around the little square). Saturday night, Zia and I were able to spend time with my cousin Renato and his wife Dorette, along with their son Mario and his wife Cassandra. We went to Ristorante Netti, which was packed, and spent hours catching up and reminiscing. It was a great night.


Today I spent most of my hours at the beach. I realized this weekend that using the free WiFi at the beach would be a great way to catch up on some of my Youtube subscriptions. By today, I had also realized that the free WiFi has its limits and when the beach is packed it will run slow. However, during the 1 to 3:30 p.m. timeframe, when the bulk of people are at home eating lunch and taking siesta, the WiFi works great for videos. The rest of the time I read or chat with people back home. Tonight, the Monacos, longtime family friends, came for a visit. We went back to Ristorante Netti for another awesome night of catching up and talking about the future of the summer. After dinner we went on a short passiagiatta (evening walk) to the antique fair. We’re all looking forward to our next get together.