Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Plants Are Alive

   Today was a beautiful day. I didn’t see a cloud on either side of the Apennine Mountains as I drove across the country from Rome to Campomarino Lido. Every time I visit there are changes, some sad, some not so much. One change is that plants on the patio have made good use of the two years since we had most of them slashed almost completely away. The biggest bounce back has to be the grape vines. I’ve never seen more than a few bunches here before. It’s overloaded this year with scores of grape clusters.
   The condo was open and ready for me to clean. Zia had given it a once over, but It needed and still needs more. I washed the patio tiles, opened up the climatizadore (air conditioner), put the paddles on the fan outside. Swept inside and prepared my Brita filter for the summer. I managed a walk to the beach today, and it was as beautiful as ever. One day this week, I will head to Lido Ritz to make a reservation. I also managed to throw away about 15 old pairs of shoes and flip flops that we’ve accumulated. Much like at home, I have way too many shoes here as well. But I’m ready for any occasion.
   After a day of grunt work, Zia and I headed out to Ristorante Netti for dinner, settling on delicious pizza. After three hours, I’ve had no ill effects. Today was also good for step counting, popping off 18,700 steps without trying.