Monday, July 20, 2015

Feeling the heat

There is a heat wave going through Campomarino Lido right now. I know a lot of people in America are experiencing a heat wave as well, but our A/C is still down. Hopefully the guy can come today to repair it and get us some comfort. Sweating as I sleep is no fun. It has been in the upper 30s (mid 90s to over 100) here all week, and it was about 106 inland yesterday.

We are starting to get some things together here, though. We had someone measure to put up security gates yesterday. Essentially they are bars on the windows and doors, just like in Compton, but more decorative. I also went by the beach for the first time yesterday, and we secured our umbrella and seats for the next month at Lido Ritz. Only 280 Euros for a whole month at a beach club isn’t too pricey. We start tomorrow. It includes access to the night time events as well.


On my way back from the beach I noticed that the Circo Orfei was coming back to town. It’s interesting how they travel. I’m guessing the movie (or book) “Water for Elephants” hit home for many people in the traveling Italian circuses.