Saturday, July 25, 2015

Foodtopia Moments

Lunch today was a quickie, and it was delicious. I threw some salsiccia con semi di finocchio (sausage with fennel seeds) from the macelleria (butcher) in a pan in the oven for 45 minutes, then added some vino bianco (white wine) and put it back in until the wine had evaporated. The sausage was delicious and had no gristle in it. Zia ate some pollo allo spiedo (rotisserie chicken) left over from yesterday. For the main course, I walked to a nearby farm stand and picked up some zucchini and onions. I got five zucchini and two onions for only 1 Euro and 20 cents. I came back and diced up the zucchini and onion, and mixed in shavings of carrot and cooked with olive oil. Then I added white wine and cooked until the veggies caramelized a little. Once I had finished boiling some pasta, I drained it and mixed it all together. It was delicious.