Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Made it to Milan

As I get older, I’m leaning that overnight flying is not my thing, especially when we arrive at 3 a.m. EST. Luckily, after a smooth flight, we were able to check into the Sheraton Malpensa Hotel for some much needed rest. After a few hours of shut eye, I trekked out into the middle of Milan to see the Duomo, hook up Italian phones, and see if there is a way to take my mom to the Expo (World’s Fair) at the end of August.

We both managed to get some sleep, and we were ready for dinner at the hotel. It might sound like a lame meal in Italy, but the restaurant at this hotel makes its own pasta, and the food is outstanding.


Tomorrow morning we head out on our journey to the beach house. Hopefully it won’t be too damaged from the break-in that occurred in April. A stolen television can be replaced, but hopefully we don’t need to replace much glass.