Saturday, July 18, 2015

The family home

Mom and I ventured inland today to my father’s hometown of Torremaggiore. All of the traffic we passed on the road was headed to the beach, so we had smooth sailing on the roads. We were meeting up with my cousin Luigi and his daughter Rosanna to visit the family home where my dad and many other relatives have lived throughout the past 55 years.


As an added bonus I got to see my Zio Matteo and my Zia Nannette whom I haven’t seen in 10 years. It was great to visit them again. We headed over to the house and I snagged a few photos before heading back to Campomarino. Once I got back it was time to wash the patio. I swept it one last time first, then threw down water, Spic-and-Span-ed a mop, and squeegee pushed the water out the front gates. Tomorrow, I’ll hit the inside of the condo.