Friday, July 24, 2015

Foodtopia Moments

As far as days go food wise, today was a great day. For lunch, I made a quick sauce of fresh pomodorini (little tomatoes), cipolla (onion), basilico (basil), and olio di oliva (olive oil), then I tossed in some ditalini pasta and served with some grated grana padano cheese. 

Then tonight at the Santa Cristina festival, I had a piece of torcinello, which is a piece of liver and spices wrapped in the veins of a cow and grilled. It is a local delicacy and one I go for at least once a summer. I also had a panino kebab (kebab sandwich) which is make of pork and chicken grilled like shwarma and topped with pepperoni (peppers), funghi (mushrooms), melanzane (eggplant), pomodori (tomatoes), and kebab sauce. It was delicious, and one of my three favorite reasons for going to the festival. The other two are the shopping and the fireworks. The last things that Mom and I both ate were crepes with Nutella and peanuts. It was the perfect end to the night.