Thursday, July 16, 2015

The robbery...

For those that don’t know, I am not a sleeper. I sleep 5-6 hours a day or I usually feel terrible when I wake up. However, today wasn’t one of those days. I went to bed about 11:30 last night, and didn’t get out of bed until after 9:30 this morning. We really didn’t have anywhere to be as our reservation for the car wasn’t until about 11.

After waiting an hour in line for the car, and then another half hour for our Renault Megane to be cleaned and delivered, we finally pushed off about noon from Milan on our seven-hour journey into the unknown. During the drive, Mom and I would periodically hypothesize about what we were going to find upon our arrival since the condo was burglarized in April.

Luckily, when we arrived, the damage was small. One window pane was smashed with a brick, one screen was slashed, some clothes were thrown on the bed, and the TV was taken. I guess the robber didn’t want Mom’s old robes or my old undies.

So I swept the patio and cleaned up broken glass, Mom started and hung two loads of laundry, and we went out for pizza. And I got my wifi internet working. Now we need to begin working on getting a glass guy, a screen guy, and a person to install iron security bars. Ten homes were broken into that night in April according to the police, and none of them had the iron bars on the windows. They specifically targeted the easy ones.


On the way to dinner, we walked by the new play area for kids. They’ve added a Ferris wheel, and spinning swings.