Wednesday, July 16, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 20 - The Drive

About six and a half hours looked like this
Farmland
Football fans are thinking of one thing, but I strictly mean driving. Yesterday I went from Milan to Campomarino via the Autostrada. Italy’s highway system is well marked and will certainly transport you around the country. However, yesterday was also a day of construction. Three different construction stops and more than eight hours behind the wheel later, I am in my summer home. The neat thing about the ride are what you get to see. After leaving the industrial north, I caught the coastal highway and on one side had beautiful Adriatic coastline, while on the other were hills and fields of working vineyards and farms.



Adriatic coast

As you can also tell by my ability to post, I now have internet and phones working.