Tuesday, July 29, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 34 – Banking and a Birthday

Mom, Zia and I headed out to San Severo today to try and handle some banking. But, just like all business in Italy, there are going to be several hoops lined up for us to jump through before they will give us access to my father’s account (the donkey delivering news of his death more than five years ago recently arrived in San Severo).  Though, the drive to San Severo is a beautiful one, passing through some of the richest farmland in the world. The photos I took while driving on a farm road do not do the drive justice.


Tonight we celebrated my cousin Elio’s (from The Netherlands) birthday. The actual day is August 4, but my Dutch family members are returning to The Netherlands tomorrow morning so we celebrated early. Hopefully we will see them again next summer either here or in The Netherlands. We had pizza from Parco del Mare drinks to toast his compleano (birthday).