Thursday, July 31, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Days 35 and 36 – Yep, Still Banking

Well the summer flew past the halfway point with lightning speed. My job resumes in a little more than a month, but in the meantime my work here in Italy is not complete. Yesterday I headed to the bank twice and still another visit is needed tomorrow just to get the account fully setup. I do officially have an account open, just not all of the bill paying setup. The next time anyone reading this feels that their American bank is slow, relax. You have no idea what slow banking is.

We also had a great visit last night from good family friend Antonio Monaco, his moglie (wife) Anna and their bambina (baby girl) Doris, who is a little over five-months-old.  We had a great time over pizza, Peroni, and a long passiagiatta (evening stroll).  It was cute when Doris discovered that one of the gifts we gave them lights up and plays music. Her eyes got as wide as saucers.


Today was supposed to be a beach day, but when I got outside this morning, the sky was cloudy, and it rained for the first couple of hours of the morning. Then it was way too windy and cold, so I will have to go another day. We ended up eating pane e pomodori (bread and tomatoes) for pranzo (lunch) and headed out tonight to Ristorante Netti for cena (dinner). Normally, we would have pizza there, but I did not want to fill up on carbs this late, so I went with an order of cozze al vino bianco (mussels in white wine). Mom had a delicious dish of taglietelle Bolognese (pasta with meat sauce).