Monday, July 21, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 26 – Cloudy and Wet


I had a feeling rain was due sometime, and it arrived today. There was no fanfare, no lightning or thunder, just a drizzle at times and a pesky downpour others. Then it “cleared” up to just an overcast, cloudy day. Needless to say, the beach was out, and I did not feel like exercising in the rain. Maybe a walk later on is in the cards.

Ristorante Netti, my favorite restaurant in Lido di Campomarino, was my only stop today on my short bike ride following the end of rain. I picked up some cozze al vino bianco (mussels in white wine sauce) and pollo alla spiedina (rotisserie chicken). While I was there I noticed that they now have a hamburger and hot dog menu. I’ve seen three other places featuring hot dogs this summer, so maybe they are en vogue. That American style menu took the place of the Choco Kebab, which arrived everywhere around here in 2010, and basically was a gyro meat shaped piece of chocolate that they would shave pieces off of and put them in a crepe. Lots of production value for a chocolate filled crepe.