Wednesday, July 23, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 28 – Fish Day

It seems that every year that we’ve been coming here, at some point Zia starts craving a grande pesci pranzo (big fish lunch).  In the past, my father would head to her condo and the two of them would talk and eat for hours (mostly talk, but lots of eat). Lately, I’ve tried to appease her cravings, and today was that day. I woke up early to start cooking and cleaning fish, like taking the heads off of the shrimp. Then I headed to the farmers market and bakery before returning to prep all the fish.

Dopo pranzo (after lunch), I made it to the beach for a couple of hours, running into my cousins from The Netherlands. Later on, we all hit the center of town, stopping at the arcade, and then heading out for gelato. The streets were pretty hopping tonight. People were waiting patiently for their crepes with Nutella, and I saw there was a new watch salesman on the street. He started off at 20 Euros per watch, and I talked him down to two for 26 Euros. Only one is for me, so when I get back Bova can pick out which one he wants. Both are nice and heavy, seeming like better quality than in the past.


I also put in 19,250 steps for the day, with a goal of 20,000 for tomorrow.