Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Foodtopia Moments


During my drive, I stopped for a sandwich at an Autogrill. This was a brand new rest stop with a pasta place, and Autogrill snack bar, and a McDonald’s (which was oddly the most packed). The rest stop also offered free wifi and had a mini Carrefour supermarket. I picked up a sandwich called “saporito” (which loosely means full of flavor) and had it heated up. I wish I’d have eaten it immediately, but I wanted to wait so I didn’t stop again. The sandwich was on great Italian bread with tomato with dried basil, mozzarella, and proscuito. The flavor is unique, and has just the right amount of salt from the meat and moisture from the tomatoes. If you are every traveling on the autostrada, make a stop at an Autogrill; you can’t go wrong.


This morning, I had a delicious slice of foccaccia with little tomatoes and basil from my favorite bakery.