Friday, July 25, 2014

68 Days of Summer – Day 30 – Odds and Ends

The Friday market was back in town today, so I made it a point to walk from end to end and back. Before 1:30 in the afternoon, I had 10,000 steps in, and was making today a non-carb pranzo (lunch) and cena (dinner). Today I took care of sweeping the place in and out, hooking up our blue light, which illuminates the parking lot side of our building for the neighborhood to see. Colored lights were all the rage here about 10 years ago, and some of us have kept it going. I also prepped my overnight bag. Tomorrow I’m training it back to Milan and the Holiday Inn Express in anticipation of Mom’s arrival on Sunday. Then it is a long drive back to Campomarino.
I managed to get a photo from the road of our building. It’s the one with the blue accents. Zia’s place is right above the Bar on the corner. My place can’t be seen from this angle, but it is down the driveway from the Bar.