Monday, July 23, 2012

A break in the weather feels great


For the first time since March, Campomarino and the surrounding regions got wet last night. It stormed for most of the night and into this morning. At 6:30 this morning, there was a raging thunderstorm that lasted about an hour. The fresh, brisk temperatures that have followed the rain are a welcome reprieve from the hot, humid weather I was getting used to.

Mom had to have a blood analyzed so e went and did that today. It is more of a precaution after the flight, climate and food change from the United States. She is rarely in air conditioning, as we put ours on only as a real necessity. The house has been tolerable at night, so she hasn’t needed it. We went to a private lab this year called Progetto Salute. It’s a new place and very nice inside. Two blood tests for 6 Euros, and we were on our way.

We went to Carrefour and Bricopoint (sort of like going to Wal-Mart and Home Depot) after the tests, where we picked up some things for the house. One thing I got was Drano. I am noticing that at the end of my shower, I am standing in a puddle. So I cleaned the drain only to realize that the cover is attached to a trap. I took the whole thing apart and realized that it was clogged. I am guessing it has not been cleaned in years. After cleaning it, I used two rounds of Drano followed by hot water. We’ll see tomorrow morning how it worked.