Friday, July 13, 2012

Foodtopia Moments


Lunch took me nearly two hours from the start of prep until I finished washing the last dish. It was a lot to undertake for only one person. I started by cleaning string beans. Once I cut the ends off, I washed them and boiled them. On the side I cooked up some basil, onion, garlic and tomatoes with olive oil and mixed the two together. I finished a bottle of passed tomatoes, and decided that next time I’ll use fresh tomatoes. I then chopped up a few small zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic and onion and cooked it with olive oil. While that was cooking, I boiled a little bit of penne and mixed it into the zucchini when ready. As for the salmon, I added olive oil to the bottom of the pan, used a little salt that I rubbed into the fish, then I squeezed a half a lemon over the top and covered it with slices of lemon. I covered the pan with foil and baked it on medium high heat. Shortly before it was done, I uncovered it and poured in a little white wine. I let it bake uncovered for about seven minutes before taking it out. It was a thick slice of salmon and came out tender and flavorful.