Monday, July 16, 2012

The sea was rough today my friends




My adventure to Rome to pick up mom begins tomorrow morning at 4:30, which means I am cleaning and prepping today. I washed sheets overnight and hung them to dry this morning. I washed towels and have them hanging on doors inside. And I even washed the floors inside. I did all of this before leaving for the beach.

I noticed on the way to the beach that the trees were stressed with the wind. It was tearing through the leaves and I began to wonder how many people would be on the beach? When I arrived I saw that almost no one was in the water as the Adriatic was rough seas. Normally, it is very tranquil. My mission today, though, was to look for easily accessible free beach. What used to be the free beach entrance is now an Astroturf covered path to a paid beach. However, I did discover a couple of free beaches that I could drive mom to where she won’t have to walk too far.

After I got back to the house, I changed shoes and walked into town. I picked up some turkey cutlets for the freezer, bread for today and a cake for tonight. It’s Zia’s 75th birthday. I’m expecting her in about three hours to begin the festivities.