Friday, July 6, 2012

Up and running and working


  
I promised myself I would wake up early this morning, which I did at 6:30. Problem is I didn’t get out of bed until 8, meaning my whole day has felt rushed. However, I have completed much of my to do list. I swept and mopped the patio, collected six bags worth of garden scraps, washed four loads of laundry (and hang dried them thanks to a lot of sun and a little breeze), I cleaned the patio furniture, washed the screens and windows, hooked up the TV to the old satellite (a new digital system is here for the condo complex), I went to Termoli to trade in rental cars after my sweltering ride without air conditioning (more to follow about that), and I hit up the fruit market for the first time this year.

Zia just arrived and let me know that her daughter-in-law and grandkids are on their way. It looks like my evening plans are now amended. I guess it means I get to go out instead of staying in and cleaning. Oh well. (With a big smile!)

As for the rental car, it was my fault. I looked at the air conditioner and turned on the fan. Simple, right? Not exactly. The same knob that turns on the fan can be pushed in and out turning on the cool air. I have never seen that before.