Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What a great choice


The plane pictured here was the bird that was stuffed with Mike. It was clear from the seats and bathrooms that this plane was built to transport Asian dwarfs, not Caucasian giants. The best move I made was paying a hundred bucks extra for an Economy Plus seat when I checked in. I fully recommend it to any human over 5-feet-tall. United says it is only five extra inches of leg room, but it felt like way more. The plane was also equipped with the best entertainment on demand system I’ve ever had. At my seat was a screen about eight inches with games, music, TV shows and movies. (In first class, thankfully seen on my way out of the plane, they had 20 inch monitors at each seat.) I watched “21 Jump Street,” “Man on a Ledge,” and “Dr. Strangelove” which I had never seen. I tried to watch “Young Adult” and got about 10 minutes in before I was bored (and I was a literal captive audience). The most impressive of the three movies was “Man on a Ledge” (“Dr. Stangelove” is a classic but will leave some people yawning). If you have 90 minutes to spare, “Man on a Ledge” wasn’t a bad movie.