Sunday, July 29, 2012

Charbroiled


  
Getting up this morning was the toughest part of my day. We put the AC on last night, and it was very comfortable. I went outside to hang the towels we washed overnight, and almost immediately I wanted back inside. Today was hot and humid with the heat index pushing 115 degrees. But, I pushed myself and got Mom out of bed and we were at the beach club around 10:30. We spent about 25 minutes on the beach, with me char-broiling in the sun, before we went into the mare (sea).

As we walked to the sea, I distinctly felt the sun’s force as the sabia (sand) was burning my feet. Once we made it to the water, we didn’t want to get out. The water felt amazing and just standing up with my top half out of the water brought the full force of the sun down on me. I would head right back under water. When we did get out, I spent about an hour tanning before heading back for lunch.

During lunch we had some surprise guests (not that surprising as we knew they were coming, but we expected them later in the day). My cousin Mariella from Hollanda (The Netherlands) and her husband Nik and two son’s Fabio and Elio arrived. They have a place that we can see from our patio, so we will likely be spending much more time with them. I haven’t seen them since 2010 and my Mom hasn’t seen them since 2009. It was a nice visit.

After they left, I researched the feasibility of making a boat trip to Dubrovnik, Croatia. But at 434 Euros, I think I’ll pass. I don’t want to be on some rickety “Euro” cruise for 9 hours each way. We found a site not that far from here that has Europe’s second largest castle. I think we’ll go there one day.

Once I was done researching, It was back to the beach. I took a notebook along this time, and after sunning myself for an hour and a half in the late afternoon sun, I ordered up a Peroni grande (large), and scene mapped out a new script idea. It’s 32 scenes long.