Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What’s colder than cold?



Today was the first time I feel like I am ready to start my vacation. I worked in the garden a little cutting down some sick plants. I swept and finally mopped inside the house with floor cleaner. And our new air conditioner was installed. The units they have in Italy are a cross between central air and window units that can be found in schools and homes built without central air. It’s like a central air system in that it has a motor that is placed outside on the side of the house. It is like a window unit in that it is essentially for one room. I bought one that was about 4000 BTUs too strong for the bedroom and placed it so the air will travel down the small corridor into the great room. We put it on to test, and in about 15 minutes the bedroom was freezing. I could feel it in the corridor but didn’t notice it in the great room…until I went outside and came back in. It was so refreshing. Luckily there is a breeze today so I don’t need to run it. I May turn it on tonight and write a little bit inside.

Right now, I’m not sure if there is a training mission or what going on, or if there is a missing swimmer, but two yellow planes of different body types, keep flying low overhead. I thought the one was going to crash into my Aunt Dini’s house twice already. If I were the late Henry Hill people would say I was paranoid, but as an upstanding person I’m more annoyed by the noise. If it is because of a missing swimmer, obviously I hope they’re found. But in my amateur opinion it looks to me like they are practicing for something.



UPDATE:
I just got word of what is going on. It hasn’t rained here in months, like a day in May and 1 or 2 in March. They had an odd snowfall this winter but the ground is very dry. The plane are heading out to sea to fill with water because there is a fire nearby and not enough water to fight it. This is why they keep heading out to sea and back and why they are flying so low.