Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Eating in the rain




Whereas yesterday there was a little rain and mostly the threat of rain, today is lots and lots of rain. The area is becoming saturated with centimeter after centimeter of rain. Twice last night there were thunder storms that woke me up. Once I woke up thinking someone had turned a light on, but it was just lightning.

During a break in the rain, I drove down to the center of town and went to the bakery and the fruit market. Not long after I came back did it start to rain. It is refreshing outside under the covered part of the patio, so we decided to prep lunch outside. Then we ate in the rain. Only once did we have to move the table closer to the house to avoid windswept raindrops. Even as I am writing this I am sitting under the cover while it pours outside. Notice the water coming out of the rainspout in the photo.

We did laundry today and moved the clothes drying rack in front of a fan inside the great room. We put the fan on high and are hoping for the best. Tonight we were hoping to head to the festival of Santa Cristina in Campomarino sopra (the part of town above the beach), but I think we’ll have to settle for pizza here in town. Too much rain to walk around in, and the forecast is calling for rain through Thursday.