Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Foodtopia Moments



After the air conditioner was installed I had a choice to make: Stay in and cook or go out and get something. I chose to stay in and cook. I chopped up a red pepper and some tomatoes, basil, salt, onion and garlic and cooked it with a little olive oil fresh from the farm (it’s like liquid gold it, makes everything taste better). With a little pasta it was the perfect amount for one person. As a second course, I cooked a couple of thin chicken breast filets on low with a little olive oil, salt and white wine. Then I topped the chicken with salami and buffalo mozzarella. It was still hot so I covered it and let the cheese melt into the salami and the white wine sauce. I also made a small batch of Italian potatoes au gratin. I sliced up a few small potatoes, the size of fingerling potatoes in the US, and mixed them with chopped onion, grated cheese and olive oil, then I covered it and baked it for about 40 minutes. It accompanies any meat dish pretty well.