Thursday, July 19, 2012

More progress


Sleep has been the theme since Mom arrived. She slept for four hours yesterday afternoon when we arrived in Campomarino, and then she slept until almost noon today. I slept too, until about 9, and then I showered, dressed and headed out. I walked to Lido Miramare beach club to play basketball, and then I walked to the center of town for peaches, eggplant, zucchini, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers and fresh bread.

Right around noon, I got a call from the electrician who was going to come by today to install our ceiling fan outside. He was on his way and was done by 1. We now have a fan outside under the cover for the nights when the air doesn’t move. In the photo, it is seen without the globe covering for the light. We need to get a shorter bulb at the store sometime, then I can put it on. This light is too long to fit under the globe. After getting the work done, Mom made an interesting observation about owning a home being endless work. It’s true even here, as we have a list of projects. This summer we will hopefully have three things done (AC, outdoor fan, and painting of the walls and fence).

Mom had commented on one of Foodtopia Moments before, the one about meat sauce from the weekend. So that day I froze the leftover sauce and we had that today, with a turkey cutlet. Mom took another nap before finally getting to the unpacking.