Thursday, July 12, 2012

Send in the clouds


For the first time since last Thursday, a whole week, clouds have rolled into Campomarino Lido. It was a welcome sight, but I wish they would’ve come yesterday when I had a car and not today when I was on the beach. Problem with these clouds is that it rained for about 30 seconds, didn’t even wet the entire patio, and now it is more humid than before. This photo is from 2 in the afternoon.

That’s right, I said it. I went to the beach. Sorry to all of the people who were hoping to get a glimpse of my bigger is better 2012 beach body, you’ll just have to see it in person. This morning, I delivered the car back to Hertz in Termoli, took care of my cell phone internet issue (15 euros for the month instead of 5 euros for the day), and then took a cab back to Campomarino. Then I went to the beach for a little over an hour.

I had heard reports that there was no more free beach by our house and that we had to walk far. However, I found a free beach about 100 yards to the left of where it used to be. The group that took up the old free beach even laid Astroturf on the path leading from the road through the pine lands onto the beach making for much easier access.

This afternoon, I’m going to try to get my bike checked out and air put into the tires, then I will use that as my mode of travel for a little while, along with walking.